This 5-day instructor led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-461.
1. Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
2. Getting Started with SQL Azure
3. Introduction to T-SQL Querying
4. Writing SELECT Queries
5. Querying Multiple Tables
6. Sorting and Filtering Data
7. Working with SQL Server 2012 Data Types
8. Using Built-In Functions
9. Grouping and Aggregating Data
10. Using Subqueries
11. Using Table Expressions
12. Using Set Operators
13. Using Window Ranking, Offset and Aggregate Functions
14. Pivoting and Grouping Sets
15. Querying SQL Server Metadata
16. Executing Stored Procedures
17. Programming with T-SQL
18. Implementing Error Handling
19. Implementing Transactions
20. Improving Query Performance
This course is intended for Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals. The course will very likely be well attended by SQL power users who aren’t necessarily database-focused or plan on taking the exam; namely, report writers, business analysts and client application developers.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Working knowledge of relational databases.
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.